Well it took some time but I patched Terminal Server for Windows 2008 to allow unlimited sessions in Remote Administration mode.
This patch is for 32 bit English version. In order to install it you need to perform the steps below. Before you start please check if using this patch is allowed according to your country’s law and your license agreement.
- Install v-patch
- From the vpatch directory launch vpatchprompt.exe
- vpatchprompt will ask you for the following files:
– Patch file (the .pat file).
– Source file (termsrv.dll).
– Destination file (the patched termsrv.dll).
- Stop the “Terminal Services” service.
- Take ownership of c:\windows\system32\Termsrv.dll
- Give Administators full control of this file and rename it to Termsrv.dll.old
- Place the patched file in the system32 folder
- Restart “Terminal Services” service
EDIT: The download has been replaced with a new file containing the proper md5 hashes (see noone’s comments)
- Terminal Server Patch for Windows XP X64