I recently bought a new router, a Netgear WNDR3700 and I noticed a silly bug. When you make a DHCP reservation in the webinterface it will present a list of existing clients which makes it easy to add them to the reservation list.


This seems to work fine at first but when I checked my IP with IPConfig I noticed that I received a different address. I checked the router’s log and saw this:

[DHCP IP:] to MAC address 00:21:5c:9a:a0:99, Thursday, September 23,2010 14:03:59

I noticed that the MAC address was lowercase here and not uppercase as in the webinterface. I changed the case in the webinterface and then it worked fine!

I still think it’s a good router though, especially the WAN speed througputs are very good: