About Virtualization, VDI, SBC, Application Compatibility and anything else I feel like
My collegue that is working with me on the current project was packaging another application that uses Oracle.
The interesting thing about it is that he ran into the same error I did: the Oracle client tries to create (and access) an Object in the Global namespace.
But he got an entirely different error message:
To confirm it was the same issue I gave a test user the Create Global Objects privilege and after logging on again the problem went away.
So I applied the same fix that I wrote about yesterday in Redirect Global Object to Local Objects (aka fix that bad app!) to this application and it worked nicely!
.NET .NET FrameWork Active Directory Altiris Apple Automation Manager Citrix Dell Delphi Excel Exchange Exchange2003 Exchange2010 Hack HP iOS Java LinkedIn Linux Lync MSI Office Office 2010 Passat Password PowerPoint PowerShell RES RNS510 SasLibEx SCOM Security Terminal Server ThinApp TSAdminEx VBS VCDS Visual Basic Visual Studio VMWare Volkswagen VW Windows PE Wordpress XenApp